Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Philippians 1:3-11

God is faithful , full of mercy and grace.

When we sincerely want to change our character into His…He listens. We can pray knowing that whatever we ask in the precious name of Jesus, without doubting, we receive.

Be grateful for all the people that He has placed in your life…they are His loving gifts. 

In all things with prayer and supplications ask for His intervention in your life and theirs. The love we show to others in His name draws them to the Cross of Salvation.

Every time God brought the Philippians to his mind, with joy Paul gave thanks. Paul had become convinced some time in the past that God would complete His good work among the Philippians, and his confidence remained unshaken.

The word translated affection literally means the internal organs, regarded by the first-century reader as the center of the deepest feelings. Whereas the heart is the seat of reflection, Paul now speaks of his affection, his deep feelings for the believers. In modern terminology, Paul revealed that he had the “heart” of Jesus Christ. His feelings for the Philippians were like those of Jesus Christ, who loved them and died for them.

Philippians 1:3-11

I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy, for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ; just as it is right for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart, inasmuch as both in my chains and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel, you all are partakers with me of grace. 8 For God is my witness, how greatly I long for you all with the affection of Jesus Christ.

And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment, 10 that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ, 11 being filled with the fruits of righteousness which are by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.

I thank my God always concerning you for the grace of God which was given to you by Christ Jesus, 
1 Corinthians 1:4

16 do not cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers: 
Ephesians 1:16

We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers, 
1 Thessalonians 1:2

10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. 
Ephesians 2:10

which has come to you, as it has also in all the world, and is bringing forth fruit, as it is also among you since the day you heard and knew the grace of God in truth; 
Colossians 1:6

By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples. 
John 15:8


No comments:

Post a Comment