Friday, November 6, 2015

Ezekiel 20_33-37

God is sovereign. 

sovereign |ˈsäv(ə)rən|
noun
1 a supreme ruler, especially a monarch.


He will not tolerate placing the created above the Creator. He will make you aware of your sins and He will show you the way to Him, through Christ, but He will not force you to enter in.

Because of His great love there are consequences to our actions…we will learn our lessons, the easy way or the hard way, but we will learn them.

Ezekiel 20:33-37
33 “As I live,” says the Lord God, “surely with a mighty hand, with an outstretched arm, and with fury poured out, I will rule over you. 34 I will bring you out from the peoples and gather you out of the countries where you are scattered, with a mighty hand, with an outstretched arm, and with fury poured out. 35 And I will bring you into the wilderness of the peoples, and there I will plead My case with you face to face. 36 Just as I pleaded My case with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so I will plead My case with you,” says the Lord God.

37 “I will make you pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant; 38 I will purge the rebels from among you, and those who transgress against Me; I will bring them out of the country where they dwell, but they shall not enter the land of Israel. Then you will know that I am the Lord.

 I Myself will fight against you with an outstretched hand and with a strong arm, even in anger and fury and great wrath. 
Jeremiah 21:5

35 Yet you say, ‘Because I am innocent, Surely His anger shall turn from me.’ Behold, I will plead My case against you, Because you say, ‘I have not sinned.’ 
Jeremiah 2:35

21 but truly, as I live, all the earth shall be filled with the glory of the Lord—22 because all these men who have seen My glory and the signs which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have put Me to the test now these ten times, and have not heeded My voice, 23 they certainly shall not see the land of which I swore to their fathers, nor shall any of those who rejected Me see it. 

Numbers 14:21–23

No comments:

Post a Comment