Wednesday, November 18, 2015

John

There is no power higher, there is only One in control, the Triune God. Love Him above all and love others as much as you do you and your families. Those who know to do right and do not…bear the greater responsibility.

We do not war against people or places, we war against the powers of darkness, and he has already lost the battle to Jesus.

Jesus acknowledged that Pilate had the power to take His life, but only because God allowed him that power. Caiaphas, had the greater sin because as a religious leader he had that much greater a responsibility to recognize the Messiah. 

John 18:36-37
36 Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here.”
37 Pilate therefore said to Him, “Are You a king then?”
Jesus answered, “You say rightly that I am a king. For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.”

John 19:10-11
10 Then Pilate said to Him, “Are You not speaking to me? Do You not know that I have power to crucify You, and power to release You?”
11 Jesus answered, “You could have no power at all against Me unless it had been given you from above. Therefore the one who delivered Me to you has the greater sin.”

28 just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.” 
Matthew 20:28

17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. 
John 3:17

53 When I was with you daily in the temple, you did not try to seize Me. But this is your hour, and the power of darkness.” 
Luke 22:53

Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 
Romans 13:1

14 Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom, That all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion, Which shall not pass away, And His kingdom the one Which shall not be destroyed. 
Daniel 7:14


and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, 

Revelation 1:5

No comments:

Post a Comment