Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Lamentations 3:58–60 God sees us

God sees us and our hurts. How is it that the Maker of heaven and earth sees mere humans and all their sins and loves them enough to offer the life of His only Begotten Son to save us from ourselves. There is no one righteous but Him.


How great is our God!!


He wants everyone to come to His saving grace. His mercies are new every morning!


Jeremiah 50:34 

Their Redeemer is strong;

The LORD of hosts is His name.

He will thoroughly plead their case,

That He may give rest to the land,

And disquiet the inhabitants of Babylon.


Matthew 18:15-20 says our intent in confronting a fellow believer who sins against us isn't to win an argument or defeat them; it is to restore unity and fellowship. But if private restoration fails, then we involve others, not to outnumber the offender but to reinforce accountability and invite the wisdom of "an abundance of counselors" (Proverbs 11:14). Jesus gives the final step of treating an unrepentant Christian like an unbeliever (Matthew 18:16-17). We shouldn't lose hope for their eventual restoration. If and when an offender is repentant, we are to offer forgiveness and restore fellowship (2 Corinthians 2:5-11). First 5


Three US presidents, five first ladies, and other leaders were in Atlanta today to bid a final farewell to former first lady Rosalynn Carter. President Jimmy Carter, who is 99 and receiving hospice care at home, was in a wheelchair, in the front row. What an honor to watch much of it today on TV. It did my heart good.
Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood performing, "Imagine."
And this from grandson Jason Carter, “She poured out her love. Opened up her heart to people (in need), not with pity, but as partners. She knew what comes back when you give your love away.” Authenticity, alive and well.


Lord, Let Me Give..
I do not know how long I'll live
But while I live, Lord, let me give
Some comfort to someone in need..
By smile or nod, kind word or deed..
And let me do what ever I can
To ease things for my fellow man..
I want naught but to do my part
To "lift" a tired or weary heart..
To change folks' frowns to smiles again..
Then I will not have lived in vain
And I'll not care how long I'll live
If I can give... and give... and give...
—unknown
Sabbath Moments


You can’t run the world, nor are you expected to be all-powerful. You may think you can. But when you face your own grave or your own guilt, your power will not do the trick.


The Bible says “Thine is the kingdom, and the power and the glory forever.” A trio of peaks. Admire them, applaud them, but don’t climb them. You weren’t made to run a kingdom or to be all-powerful. And you certainly can’t handle all the glory.


As you confess that God is in charge, you admit you aren’t. As you proclaim that God has power, you admit you don’t. And as you give God all the applause, there is none left to dizzy your brain. Max Lucado


Lamentations 3:58–60

58 O Lord, You have pleaded the case for my soul; You have redeemed my life. 59 O Lord, You have seen how I am wronged; Judge my case. 60 You have seen all their vengeance, All their schemes against me. The New King James Version


A renewed individual lament, but the speaker now seems to be speaking as a representative of the community. The language is similar to traditional laments in the Psalms that emphasize suffering caused by human enemies and call on Yahweh to aid His people against their enemies.

Faithlife Study Bible


Jeremiah used the terms of God’s formal accusation however, here the words are used for the people rather than against them. You have redeemed my life: Here is a hint of the light of the NT gospel in the dark pages of the Book of Lamentations. The only way that God would be able to plead the case of His people was if He Himself paid for—or redeemed them from—their sinfulness. The NKJV Study Bible


Thou saidst, Fear not. This was the language of God’s grace, by the witness of his Spirit with their spirits. And what are all our sorrows, compared with those of the Redeemer? He will deliver his people from every trouble, and revive his church from every persecution. He will save believers with everlasting salvation.  Matthew Henry’s Concise Commentary


Psalm 34:22 

The LORD redeems the soul of His servants,

And none of those who trust in Him shall be condemned.


Psalm 43:1 

Vindicate me, O God,

And plead my cause against an ungodly nation;

Oh, deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man!


Psalm 119:154 

Plead my cause and redeem me;

Revive me according to Your word.


No comments:

Post a Comment