Thursday, October 20, 2022

Ezekiel 20:41–44

To Israel the Savior was sent and they were blinded to His redemption to grant the Gentiles salvation. Israel remains His first love. 


In His mercy He granted us salvation. It is all about His namesake, Jesus, the name above all names. instead of our sin the Father sees His precious Son and His righteousness, His shed blood, in you and in me. Only in the cross does our salvation lie. In the power of Holy Spirit nothing is impossible.


We live in the dispensation of  His grace.


Blessed, underserved, unmerited grace!


Thanks be to God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit!


Thankfully, we can still run to Jesus. From our most regrettable mistakes to our struggles with intentional malice, "The LORD redeems the life of his servants; none of those who take refuge in him will be condemned" (Psalm 34:22). With grateful hearts, we can respond, "I cry to you, O LORD; I say, 'You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the living'" (Psalm 142:5).


You have been anointed by the Holy Spirit. God offers this anointing to all of us. When you pray, preach, prophesy, or live out your faith, you are empowered by the Holy Spirit’s presence. Lean into him. You grow weary, but the Spirit never does. Your understanding is limited, but the Spirit has unsearchable wisdom. And because he is in you, you have power that you would never have had without him.


The Spirit will give you whatever you need to do the holy work he has called you to do. Paul’s prayer for the Ephesians is God’s will for you: “I ask the Father in his great glory to give you the power to be strong inwardly through his Spirit” (Ephesians 3:16 NCV). God poured his Spirit upon you! Receive him. Believe him. And trust in the anointing of the Holy Spirit. Max Lucado


Ezekiel 20:41–44

41 I will accept you as a sweet aroma when I bring you out from the peoples and gather you out of the countries where you have been scattered; and I will be hallowed in you before the Gentiles. 42 Then you shall know that I am the Lord, when I bring you into the land of Israel, into the country for which I raised My hand in an oath to give to your fathers. 43 And there you shall remember your ways and all your doings with which you were defiled; and you shall loathe yourselves in your own sight because of all the evils that you have committed. 44 Then you shall know that I am the Lord, when I have dealt with you for My name’s sake, not according to your wicked ways nor according to your corrupt doings, O house of Israel,” says the Lord God.’ The New King James Version


The obedience and devotion of restored Israel is as pleasing to Yahweh as sacrifice. Yahweh is concerned with His reputation and wants the nations to see and acknowledge His sovereignty and holiness. The recognition formula emphasizes that Yahweh’s motivation is a desire to make His power known to all. Yahweh didn’t punish them according to what they deserved for their sin. He punished but then saved for the sake of His reputation. Faithlife Study Bible


The future repentant, renewed, and regathered Israel will be characterized by: (1) a return to the land of Israel and an acceptable, sacrificial system of worship; (2) a revived, personal knowledge of its sovereign and faithful Lord; (3) a renunciation of former sins; and (4) a recognition that God’s grace governs the nation’s history of sin and salvation. The NKJV Study Bible


But not one of God’s jewels shall be lost in the lumber of this world. He will bring the jews to the land of Israel again; and will give them true repentance. They will be overcome with his kindness: the more we know of God’s holiness, the more we see the hateful nature of sin. Those who remain unaffected amidst means of grace, and would live without Christ, like the world around them, may be sure it is the way to destruction. Matthew Henry’s Concise Commentary


Ezekiel 16:61 Then you will remember your ways and be ashamed, when you receive your older and your younger sisters; for I will give them to you for daughters, but not because of My covenant with you.


Ezekiel 36:22 “Therefore say to the house of Israel, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “I do not do this for your sake, O house of Israel, but for My holy name’s sake, which you have profaned among the nations wherever you went.


Ezekiel 36:23 And I will sanctify My great name, which has been profaned among the nations, which you have profaned in their midst; and the nations shall know that I am the LORD,” says the Lord GOD, “when I am hallowed in you before their eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment