Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Job 13:7-15

 Seek Him and He promises you will find Him. 

Our relationship with God hinges on our openness and trust in Him. He knows that we are mere men humbly seeking answers to our journey here on earth. We trust in His will for our lives because His ways are always above our own. We are all on our journey home!


As for me and my household we will trust in the Lord!


Prayer: Father God, I want to pause for a moment and thank You for Your Son, Jesus. He could have held back His grace. But instead, He chose to pour out every single drop for me on the cross. So remind me that I give grace because I so desperately need it. In Jesus' name, amen. Lysa TerKeust “First5"


Job 13:7-15

7 Will you speak wickedly for God,

And talk deceitfully for Him?

8 Will you show partiality for Him?

Will you contend for God?

9 Will it be well when He searches you out?

Or can you mock Him as one mocks a man?

10 He will surely rebuke you

If you secretly show partiality.

11 Will not His excellence make you afraid,

And the dread of Him fall upon you?

12 Your platitudes are proverbs of ashes,

Your defenses are defenses of clay.

13 “Hold your peace with me, and let me speak,

Then let come on me what may!

14 Why do I take my flesh in my teeth,

And put my life in my hands?

15 Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him.

Even so, I will defend my own ways before Him.


By claiming that Job’s suffering was due to God’s punishment, they attributed false reasons to God’s actions. Job seeks a fair hearing where he can argue his case before God. The old testament law forbade judges to show partiality, and it even says God Himself is impartial in judgment. Job wanted his friends to speak truthfully and be impartial witnesses, but instead they made false arguments and rebuked Job without listening to him.


Job later expresses his fear at facing God’s majesty.


Job earlier declared that he would speak freely. Here, he echoes that statement and goes further—saying he will risk any consequence from demanding a hearing with God. Job recognizes the risk of demanding to present his case before God; God could respond by killing him. He hopes, however, that God will vindicate him. 


The question is whether Job is trusting in God or challenging Him. Faithlife Bible.


While this verse is widely known as a powerful statement of Job’s trust in God, it is not without difficulties. The Hebrew word translated Him is similar in sound to the Hebrew word for no. Thus some have translated the verse as follows: “Behold, He will slay me; I have no hope.” Yet the positive translation of the verse as it is here seems preferable because it follows the flow of the section, which has other positive elements. It also makes wonderful sense within the verse. Job believes that God is in the process of slowly taking his life. But in a bold declaration of faith, Job declares his absolute trust in God, for when he would be brought into God’s presence, he would plead his cause directly with God. And then, if not before, Job would rediscover what he had never really lost: God’s love and salvation. NKJ Bible.


When dismayed or distressed with the fear of wrath, the force of temptation, or the weight of affliction, we should apply to the Physician of our souls, who never rejects any, never prescribes amiss, and never leaves any case uncured. To Him we may speak at all times. To broken hearts and wounded consciences, all creatures, without Christ, are physicians of no value. Matthew Henry.

No comments:

Post a Comment