Thursday, October 28, 2021

Habakkuk and Christ in the Scriptures

Heaven and earth are filled with Your glory. Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.

Jesus, King of kings and Lord of lords.


Habakkuk’s name is appropriate because he calls attention to the salvation by which God embraces those who “live by faith.” The word “salvation” appears three times in reference to his prediction of the Anointed One. “You went forth for the salvation of Your people, for salvation with Your Anointed.… I will joy in the God of my salvation”.


Interestingly enough, that Hebrew word for “salvation” is the root word from which the name “Jesus” comes. Whether the prophet sees the full extent to which Jesus will accomplish the world’s salvation is uncertain. But he definitely sees an artist’s rendering of the reign of Christ. He writes, “The earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea”.


Habakkuk 3:17-18

17 Though the fig tree may not blossom,

Nor fruit be on the vines;

Though the labor of the olive may fail,

And the fields yield no food;

Though the flock may be cut off from the fold,

And there be no herd in the stalls—

18 Yet I will rejoice in the Lord,

I will joy in the God of my salvation.


Matthew 1:21

21 And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.”


Habakkuk 2:14

14 For the earth will be filled

With the knowledge of the glory of the Lord,

As the waters cover the sea.


God’s future kingdom on earth will feature a reign of righteousness. All humanity on the renewed earth will know the Lord and live in accordance with His will. The structures of human systems, adequate as they are for the present, will fall under God’s judgment because they encourage a spirit of independence from Him. What Satan fraudulently promised in Genesis 3:5, God will deliver. The glory of the Lord speaks of the full manifestation of His person, significance, presence, and wonder. The true knowledge of God in the time of His kingdom on earth will be like the waters—all-embracing, inescapable, and fully enveloping. NKJ Bible.


Genesis 3:5 

For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”


1 Samuel 2:1 And Hannah prayed and said: “My heart rejoices in the LORD; my horn is exalted in the LORD. I smile at my enemies, because I rejoice in Your salvation.


Psalm 9:14 That I may tell of all Your praise in the gates of the daughter of Zion. I will rejoice in Your salvation.


Psalm 40:16 Let all those who seek You rejoice and be glad in You; let such as love Your salvation say continually, “The LORD be magnified!”


Isaiah 61:10 I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

No comments:

Post a Comment