Thursday, February 8, 2024

Mark 9:42 Childlike Faith


Today is my granddaughters 18th Birthday I give her into God’s loving arms as she enters into adulthood. I ask You to give her wisdom and guard her heart!


There is a very special place in God’s heart for those who trust Him. Children who have been abused He draws to Himself. He will never leave their side and will cover them with His love and grace. Those who abuse them come under the wrath of God.


Luke 17:1–2 Then He said to the disciples, “It is impossible that no offenses should come, but woe to him through whom they do come! It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.


A childlike love for God is a lifelong trust in His covering and protection. His love shields them.


Jesus empowers us to ...

Have faith when life seems hopeless (2 Peter 1:5).

Live virtuously even when no one else does (2 Peter 1:5).

Know the God of the universe intimately through His Word (2 Peter 1:5).

Demonstrate self-control to run from sin (2 Peter 1:6).

Remain steadfast in times of trial (2 Peter 1:6).

Show brotherly affection toward our friends and neighbors (2 Peter 1:7).

Share Jesus' love with a world that desperately needs His grace (2 Peter 1:7).

First5


A Prayer for Resting in God's Love
God of Goodness, I come into your presence
so aware of my human frailty
and yet overwhelmed by your love for me.
I thank you that there is no human experience
that I might walk through
where your love cannot reach me.
If I climb the highest mountain you are there
and yet if I find myself in the darkest valley of my life,
you are there.
Teach me today to love you more.
Help me to rest in that love
that asks nothing more
than the simple trusting heart of a child.
Author Unknown

Sabbath Moments


Mark 9:42 “But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea. The New King James Version


In Jesus’ analogy, this refers most directly to children (Mark 9:36–37), but the implication is that God will deal with those who mislead other people. Faithlife Study Bible


Jesus uses hyperbole, exaggeration for an effect, to state the seriousness of causing spiritual injury to others. A millstone is an extremely heavy circular stone, three to four feet across and about a foot thick, used to grind grain into meal. The NKJV Study Bible


Matthew 18:6 “Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea.


1 Corinthians 8:12 But when you thus sin against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment