Wednesday, September 21, 2022

John 21:24-25

Now we see in part, as through a thick glass, when we meet   Jesus face to face we will know the fullness of HisStory.


1 Corinthians 2:9 But as it is written: “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.” 


Psalm 23:(NKJV): A Psalm of David. 1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. 3 He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. 5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.


“To be astonished is one of the surest ways of not growing old too quickly.” Sidonie-Gabrielle Colette


John 21:24-25

24 This is the disciple who testifies of these things, and wrote these things; and we know that his testimony is true. 25 And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. Amen. The New King James Version


An editor may have written this postscript based on the eyewitness accounts of John. Faithlife Study Bible


The disciple was the one whom Jesus loved is basically John’s signature to his Gospel. The Gospel of John is truthful, but it is not exhaustive. The NKJV Study Bible


Only a small part of the actions of Jesus had been written. But let us bless God for all that is in the Scriptures, and be thankful that there is so much in so small a space. Enough is recorded to direct our faith, and regulate our practice; more would have been unnecessary. Much of what is written is overlooked, much forgotten, and much made the matter of doubtful disputes. We may, however, look forward to the joy we shall receive in heaven, from a more complete knowledge of all Jesus did and said, as well as of the conduct of his providence and grace in his dealings with each of us. May this be our happiness. These are written that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name. Matthew Henry’s Concise Commentary


John 19:35 And he who has seen has testified, and his testimony is true; and he knows that he is telling the truth, so that you may believe.


John 20:30 And truly Jesus did many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book;


No comments:

Post a Comment