Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Hosea 2:21-23

My brothers and sisters will gather today to say final goodbyes to our Momma. Yesterday hospice called to let me know that there was nothing else that they could do for her other than keep her comfortable. I am the oldest and the only one that lives in her city the other 5 are scattered. Today we gather. She would be 89 March 30th. Daddy left us for heaven two and a half years ago. They were married 70 years. 


She suffers from dementia and is unable to carry on a conversation I let her know it is ok to just be together. she still recognizes her children… and her grandchildren, if not by name. She is one of the strongest women that I know. Daddy made sure we were in Church. Momma made sure that we had the financial and educational teaching we needed to succeed. I miss my Poppy Doodle and I will miss Momma. My comfort lies that she will be with him and more importantly with the One who loves her most!


There is a life we hope for (the one we long for, dream of and pray for). And, there is life. The one we have today. Let’s just say that the two don’t always see eye to eye.
But what if we are invited to bring our whole heart to this moment.
The permission to embrace our vulnerability; open to human brokenness, fragile nature, of love and caring and giving a damn.


I miss the sacredness in all things. All things. I do not see that all of life, including my longings--those both realized and unrealized--are infused with the imprint of God.


And I know that maybe, just maybe, my longings themselves are holy, and I can rest in them. Even when I have a broken heart. Or when the world I’m in feels broken. 


The best beauty product is to have a life. A real life. With challenges, disappointments, stress, and laughter. The Art of Imperfection. Terry Hershey “Sabbath Moments”


Jesus said, “A new commandment I give you, that you love one another; as I have loved you” (John 13:34). The final phrase is the essential one – as I have loved you. Have you let God love you? Please don’t hurry past that question. It is only by receiving our Father’s agape love that we can discover an agape love for others. We cannot love if we aren’t first loved. So let God love you! Max Lucado


Hosea 2:21-23

21 “It shall come to pass in that day That I will answer,” says the Lord; “I will answer the heavens, And they shall answer the earth. 22 The earth shall answer With grain, With new wine, And with oil; They shall answer  23 Then I will sow her for Myself in the earth, And I will have mercy on her who had not obtained mercy; Then I will say to those who were not My people, ‘You are My people!’ And they shall say, ‘You are my God!’ ” The New King James Version


Yahweh describes His plan for wooing Israel back and restoring their relationship.


Earlier, the name “Jezreel” telegraphed disaster and destruction. Now, the image is positive: God will plant and rebuild Israel. Faithlife Study Bible


The heavens would provide rain for the earth; the earth would produce its fruit in turn. Israel is called Jezreel, meaning “God Plants,” because the Lord would replant Israel in the land. The NKJV Study Bible


This may foretell the restoration from the Babylonish captivity; and also be applied to the conversion of the Jews to Christ, in the days of the apostles, and the future general conversion of that nation; and believers are enabled to expect infinitely more tenderness and kindness from their holy God, than a beloved wife can expect from the kindest husband. When the people were weaned from idols, and loved the Lord, no creature should do them any harm. This may be understood of the blessings and privileges of the spiritual Israel, of every true believer, and their partaking of Christ’s righteousness; also, of the conversion of the Jews to Christ. Here is an argument for us to walk so that God may not be dishonoured by us: Thou art my people. If a man’s family walk disorderly, it is a dishonour to the master. If God call us children, we may say, Thou art our God. Unbelieving soul, lay aside discouraging thoughts; do not thus answer God’s loving-kindness. Doth God say, Thou art my people? Say, Lord, thou art our God. Matthew Henry’s Concise Commentary


Isaiah 55:10 “For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, and do not return there, but water the earth, and make it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater,


Zechariah 8:12 ‘For the seed shall be prosperous, the vine shall give its fruit, the ground shall give her increase, and the heavens shall give their dew—I will cause the remnant of this people to possess all these.


No comments:

Post a Comment