Wednesday, February 2, 2022

2 Chronicles 1:6-12

Nothing can compare with the wisdom and knowledge that the Trinity gives through Holy Spirit.


NOTHING! 


It is for our good and the good of the Body of Christ.


Lord, and King, if I have put any one or thing in my life before You this day, point it out as You are the King I desire to lead, guide, and physically carry me through. Hallelujah to the Lamb of Calvary, it’s because of You Lord why I am today. Help me Holy Spirit not to look to the left nor right, but solely up to You, the Author and Finisher of my faith. So let Your perfect will be done in and through my (our) lives even now.  Julian First5 


1 Kings 3:9 Therefore give to Your servant an understanding heart to judge Your people, that I may discern between good and evil. For who is able to judge this great people of Yours?”


1 Kings 3:11 Then God said to him: “Because you have asked this thing, and have not asked long life for yourself, nor have asked riches for yourself, nor have asked the life of your enemies, but have asked for yourself understanding to discern justice,


2 Chronicles 1:6-12

6 And Solomon went up there to the bronze altar before the Lord, which was at the tabernacle of meeting, and offered a thousand burnt offerings on it. 7 On that night God appeared to Solomon, and said to him, “Ask! What shall I give you?” 8 And Solomon said to God: “You have shown great mercy to David my father, and have made me king in his place. 9 Now, O Lord God, let Your promise to David my father be established, for You have made me king over a people like the dust of the earth in multitude. 10 Now give me wisdom and knowledge, that I may go out and come in before this people; for who can judge this great people of Yours?” 11 Then God said to Solomon: “Because this was in your heart, and you have not asked riches or wealth or honor or the life of your enemies, nor have you asked long life—but have asked wisdom and knowledge for yourself, that you may judge My people over whom I have made you king—12 wisdom and knowledge are granted to you; and I will give you riches and wealth and honor, such as none of the kings have had who were before you, nor shall any after you have the like.” The New King James Version


The account in 1 Kings adds that God appeared in a dream to Solomon. The Hebrew word used here for steadfast loyal love, chesed, refers to God’s unfailing love. It is related to God’s mercy, as God is said to forgive because of His chesed. The praise of God’s chesed endures forever, it emphasizes the unceasing nature of God’s commitment to fulfilling His promises. 


In the account in 1 Kings, Solomon asks for an understanding mind (literally rendered from Hebrew as “heart of hearing”). In 1 Kings this relates to his ability to discern between good and evil. Both accounts emphasize that Solomon desired wisdom to help him judge the people. Wealth and success are considered a natural by-product of wisdom in Proverbs. Faithlife Study Bible


As king he would lead by example as well as by edict. Solomon’s request for wisdom centered on God’s people and how he could best serve them, not on his own gain. Once Solomon had demonstrated this spirit of servanthood, God granted many unsolicited blessings. The NKJV Study Bible


SOLOMON began his reign with a pious, public visit to God’s altar. Those that pursue present things most eagerly, are likely to be disappointed; while those that refer themselves to the providence of God, if they have not the most, have the most comfort. Those that make this world their end, come short of the other, and are disappointed in this also; but those that make the other world their end, shall not only obtain that, and full satisfaction in it, but shall have as much of this world as is good for them, in their way. Let us then be contented, without those great things which men generally covet, but which commonly prove fatal snares to the soul. Matthew Henry’s Concise Commentary


1 Kings 3:7 Now, O LORD my God, You have made Your servant king instead of my father David, but I am a little child; I do not know how to go out or come in.


1 Kings 3:9 Therefore give to Your servant an understanding heart to judge Your people, that I may discern between good and evil. For who is able to judge this great people of Yours?”


1 Kings 3:11 Then God said to him: “Because you have asked this thing, and have not asked long life for yourself, nor have asked riches for yourself, nor have asked the life of your enemies, but have asked for yourself understanding to discern justice,

No comments:

Post a Comment