Monday, April 20, 2020

Ezekiel 16:60-63

I always remember the mercy and grace that You extended to me. I know that same mercy, that same grace, is Your gift in Jesus to ALL who come to You in Him. I am humbled by Your love. Strengthen me through the joy I have in Your salvation.

Help me Father to remember that You have shown me that silence can be the tool of the wise in these troubling times.

This future hope is an important part of prophetic oracles of salvation. Faithlife Bible.

Despite Jerusalem’s disobedience to the Mosaic covenant and the resulting punishment, the covenant with Abraham—God’s covenant—would still be honored. Fulfillment of the covenant with Abraham did not depend on the people’s faithfulness; God had made the promise and He would keep it. The everlasting covenant had been made with Abraham before the Hebrew nation even existed. This covenant would be remembered and reestablished with the exiled Judeans. At that time, God’s people would be ashamed by the contrast between their faithlessness and God’s faithfulness and the fact that they were being exalted over those who were less sinful—Sodom and Samaria. The people of these other sinful nations would also inherit land, but only by God’s grace, because no such covenant was made with them. Further, God would provide atonement through the New Covenant, which pointed ultimately to the Cross of Christ. NKJ Bible.

Ezekiel 16:60-63
60 “Nevertheless I will remember My covenant with you in the days of your youth, and I will establish an everlasting covenant with you. 61 Then you will remember your ways and be ashamed, when you receive your older and your younger sisters; for I will give them to you for daughters, but not because of My covenant with you. 62 And I will establish My covenant with you. Then you shall know that I am the Lord, 63 that you may remember and be ashamed, and never open your mouth anymore because of your shame, when I provide you an atonement for all you have done,” says the Lord God.’ ”

Leviticus 26:42 | then I will remember My covenant with Jacob, and My covenant with Isaac and My covenant with Abraham I will remember; I will remember the land.

Leviticus 26:43 | The land also shall be left empty by them, and will enjoy its sabbaths while it lies desolate without them; they will accept their guilt, because they despised My judgments and because their soul abhorred My statutes.

Jeremiah 32:40 | And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from doing them good; but I will put My fear in their hearts so that they will not depart from Me.

Jeremiah 50:5 | They shall ask the way to Zion, With their faces toward it, saying, ‘Come and let us join ourselves to the LORD In a perpetual covenant that will not be forgotten.’

Ezekiel 36:31 | Then you will remember your evil ways and your deeds that were not good; and you will loathe yourselves in your own sight, for your iniquities and your abominations.

No comments:

Post a Comment