Friday, February 9, 2018

Amos 1:11



If God says it He it will happen… it happens! 

It is a terrifying thing to be under the correction of the Almighty… All power and control belong to Him. God gives and he can take it away. 

what can we learn from this? we must Forgive quickly, be fair and walk humbly with God!

Yahweh’s hand symbolized His power to act.

Mount Seir was named for Seir the Horite, whose offspring had previously inhabited the area. The children of Esau (the Edomites) battled against the Horites and destroyed them. It is noted as the place where Esau made his home.

Joshua 24:4 (NKJV)
To Isaac I gave Jacob and Esau. To Esau I gave the mountains of Seir to possess, but Jacob and his children went down to Egypt.

Genesis 36:8 (NKJV)
So Esau dwelt in Mount Seir. Esau is Edom.

Deuteronomy 2:5 (NKJV)5
 Do not meddle with them, for I will not give you any of their land, no, not so much as one footstep, because I have given Mount Seir to Esau as a possession.

Ezekiel 35:1–4 (NKJV)
35 Moreover the word of the Lord came to me, saying, “Son of man, set your face against Mount Seir and prophesy against it, and say to it, ‘Thus says the Lord God:
“Behold, O Mount Seir, I am against you;
I will stretch out My hand against you,
And make you most desolate;
4 I shall lay your cities waste,
And you shall be desolate.
Then you shall know that I am the Lord.

Amos 1:11 (NKJV)
11 Thus says the Lord:
“For three transgressions of Edom, and for four,
I will not turn away its punishment,
Because he pursued his brother with the sword,
And cast off all pity;
His anger tore perpetually,

And he kept his wrath forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment