Thursday, March 16, 2017

Acts 7P48-50

Everything is, was and will always be held in existence by God. What are we that He cares for us? In His image we were made out of the dust of the earth to have a relationship with Him. He so loves the world that He gave everything to save us from our own self destruction. Listen to Him.

E.V.E.R.T.H.I.N.G. was created by Him and for His glory.

It was David’s desire to give God a permanent dwelling. The danger of David’s request was that some might identify the presence of God with one place, as if God were confined to that location. God honored David’s desire by permitting his son Solomon to build such a house and by filling it with the Shekinah glory, a demonstration of His presence. But God did not live in the temple. The Creator cannot be confined by anything He has made. His presence fills all that He has made. Solomon understood this when he dedicated the temple. In his speech, Stephen emphasized that God could not be confined to temples made with hands.
 The NKJV Study Bible. (2007). 

Acts 7:48–50 (NKJV)
48 “However, the Most High does not dwell in temples made with hands, as the prophet says:
49 ‘Heaven is My throne,
And earth is My footstool.
What house will you build for Me? says the Lord,
Or what is the place of My rest?
50 Has My hand not made all these things?’

Scripture over and again reinforces:

25 Of old You laid the foundation of the earth, And the heavens are the work of Your hands. 
Psalm 102:25

27 “But will God indeed dwell on the earth? Behold, heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain You. How much less this temple which I have built! 
1 Kings 8:27

But who is able to build Him a temple, since heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain Him? 
2 Chronicles 2:6

66 Thus says the Lord: “Heaven is My throne, And earth is My footstool. Where is the house that you will build Me? And where is the place of My rest? 
Isaiah 66:1

2 For all those things My hand has made, And all those things exist,” Says the Lord. “But on this one will I look: On him who is poor and of a contrite spirit, And who trembles at My word. 

Isaiah 66:2

No comments:

Post a Comment