Thursday, December 1, 2016

Romans 7:21-25

In mans’ pride and arrogance he cherishes the law thinking that he can do good according to his fleshly conscience. It is only in his humble gratitude for God’s mercy that he comes to the realization that there is nothing good he can accomplish except through Christ within him. 

We can do the right thing for the wrong reasons, the wrong thing for the right reason and then, in Christ, we can do the right thing for the right reason! 

Jesus alone sets us free from the bondage of sin by the renewing of our mind. The law is our task master until we are changed precept by precept into His character. 

 I choose the fulness of life in Christ. 

Paul breaks forth in jubilant praise to God that there is victory through Jesus Christ, who delivers believers from the body of death, the flesh. Paul concludes that the problem is not the law; the problem is the flesh. From this argument, Paul moves into the solution, salvation found in Jesus Christ.

Romans 7:21-25
21 I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. 22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, 
Ephesians 3:16

rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God. 
1 Peter 3:4

17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. 
Galatians 5:17

57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 

1 Corinthians 15:57

No comments:

Post a Comment