Tuesday, December 20, 2016

John 8:28-32

When we lift up the Son of man in love we will draw others to Him and the mercy He gives. How God longs to gather His children to Himself. Jesus was crucified because of God’s loving desire to set man free. in His death He broke down the veil that separated us from the Trinity allowing us to cry out “Abba”. 

Christ within is the hope of glory.

When we abide in the Word made flesh we become His hands and feet to do good and become His ambassadors to show others His grace and truth. 

One who abides in the Word of God knows the truth. Abide means to remain, to continue. A believer who continues to obey the Word is a disciple, a learner. We are set free from the bondage of sin. Obedience to the Lord means fellowship with Him, protection from sin, and experiencing His love.

then shall ye know that I am [he];
the Son of God, and true Messiah, as the centurion, and those that were with him, did, when they observed the earthquake; and the things that were done at his death; and after the death, resurrection, and ascension of Christ, and the pouring forth of his Spirit, many of the Jews had not only a notional, but a true and spiritual knowledge of Jesus, as the Messiah; and upon the destruction of their temple, city, and nation, and their disappointment by false Christs, they doubtless many of them must, and did know, that the true Messiah was come, and that Jesus of Nazareth was he. John Gill’s Exposition of the Bible

John 8:28-32
28 Then Jesus said to them, “When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and that I do nothing of Myself; but as My Father taught Me, I speak these things. 29 And He who sent Me is with Me. The Father has not left Me alone, for I always do those things that please Him.” 30 As He spoke these words, many believed in Him.
31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 
John 3:14

32 And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself.” 
John 12:32

and declared to be the Son of God with power according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead. 
Romans 1:4

10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. 
John 14:10

23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. 
John 14:23

17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 
John 1:17

25 But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does. 

James 1:25

No comments:

Post a Comment