Friday, February 19, 2016

John 10:7-16

Every person who believes that Jesus Christ is the only way to the Father… born to die for their sins and in His resurrection overcoming sin and deaths’ stranglehold on man… is a part of the Body of Christ. One Body, the Church, and one Shepherd, Jesus the Christ. We are not separated by denomination we are ALL CHRISTians.

United in the power of the Holy Spirit we stand strong as a force for good. Divided we waste our time bickering about who has the best doctrine and is the most religious.

Jesus is the shepherd; here He is the door. Some shepherds lay down across the entry of the sheepfold at night to sleep. Wild beasts would be discouraged from entering, and sheep would not exit. Thus the shepherd was also the door. One flock anticipated the salvation of the Gentiles and the formation of the church, in which converted Jews and Gentiles form one spiritual body.

John 10:7-16
Then Jesus said to them again, “Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. 10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. 12 But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them. 13 The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep. 14 I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. 15 As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. 16 And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. 
John 14:6

18 For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father. 
Ephesians 2:18

25 For you were like sheep going astray, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls. 
1 Peter 2:25

16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 
John 3:16

17 for the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to living fountains of waters. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.” 

Revelation 7:17

No comments:

Post a Comment