Monday, February 1, 2016

1 Corinthians 14:18-19

Speaking in tongues is a gift of the Holy Spirit. As in every gift it is to be used for edification of the Body of Christ. It is a tool to unite not divide the Church.

1 Corinthians 14:18-19
18 I thank my God I speak with tongues more than you all; 19 yet in the church I would rather speak five words with my understanding, that I may teach others also, than ten thousand words in a tongue.

for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, 10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. 
1 Corinthians 12:8–10

But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: 
1 Corinthians 12:7

For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries. 
1 Corinthians 14:2

19 Do not quench the Spirit. 

1 Thessalonians 5:19

No comments:

Post a Comment