Thursday, January 29, 2015

Jonah 2

When we have reached the bottom of ourselves…God is there. 

Salvation comes with giving our life back to the One who made it and knew us from the moment of our inception. 

inception |inˈsepSHən|
noun [ in sing. ]
the establishment or starting point of an institution or activity.

ORIGIN late Middle English: from Latin inceptio(n-), from incipere ‘begin.’


When we finally realize we can never be good enough to earn it nor bad enough to remove ourself from His love, when we finally, fully, and completely come to the realization that it is not about us at all …it is about Him and His righteousness… then wisdom has reached us and salvation is ours to accept. 


In Christ, in unity with the Holy Spirit, through the Father’s plan of salvation from the beginning of time….we can be saved.

In the Bible, the sea is described as a part of God’s creation that brings Him joy, but it also appears as a symbol for hostile forces which the Lord nevertheless holds in His firm control. Jonah reaffirms his faith in the Lord and renews his commitment to Him. Jonah declares that he will keep his promise, a pledge both to sacrifice and to acknowledge God’s help.

It is the Lord who delivers His people. God acts on behalf of His creation and the redeemed community to insure a relationship with them.

Jonah 2
Then Jonah prayed to the Lord his God from the fish’s belly. And he said:
“I cried out to the Lord because of my affliction,
And He answered me.
“Out of the belly of Sheol I cried,
And You heard my voice….

6 I went down to the moorings of the mountains;
The earth with its bars closed behind me forever;
Yet You have brought up my life from the pit,
O Lord, my God.
7 “When my soul fainted within me,
I remembered the Lord;
And my prayer went up to You,
Into Your holy temple.
8 “Those who regard worthless idols
Forsake their own Mercy.
9 But I will sacrifice to You
With the voice of thanksgiving;
I will pay what I have vowed.
Salvation is of the Lord.”


1 In my distress I cried to the Lord, And He heard me. 
Psalm 120:1

55 I called on Your name, O Lord, From the lowest pit. 
Lamentations 3:55


38 and when they return to You with all their heart and with all their soul in the land of their captivity, where they have been carried captive, and pray toward their land which You gave to their fathers, the city which You have chosen, and toward the temple which I have built for Your name: 
2 Chronicles 6:38

1 Save me, O God! For the waters have come up to my neck. 
Psalm 69:1

54 The waters flowed over my head; I said, “I am cut off!” 
Lamentations 3:54

28 He will redeem his soul from going down to the Pit, And his life shall see the light. 

Job 33:28

No comments:

Post a Comment