Thursday, January 15, 2015

John 8:14-18

We are living in the age of God’s grace….judgement has been put on hold. It has been and still is being delayed by God’s love for man and His mercy toward them. 

God wants no one to perish but all to have the opportunity to choose the salvation He has offered us. He loves His creation so much that He willingly laid down His life for all of us. He wants to have a real relationship with you but He will not force it on you… but He will woo you. 

Listen to that still, small voice and let Him in!

The religious leaders formed conclusions based on human standards and an imperfect, external, and superficial examination. Jesus did not judge according to human standards or outward appearances.

John 8:14-18
14 Jesus answered and said to them, “Even if I bear witness of Myself, My witness is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from and where I am going. 15 You judge according to the flesh; I judge no one. 16 And yet if I do judge, My judgment is true; for I am not alone, but I am with the Father who sent Me. 17 It is also written in your law that the testimony of two men is true. 18 I am One who bears witness of Myself, and the Father who sent Me bears witness of Me.”

But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” 
1 Samuel 16:7

17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. 
John 3:17

If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater; for this is the witness of God which He has testified of His Son. 

1 John 5:9

No comments:

Post a Comment