Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Ezekiel 16:60-63


When you have known God since childhood but live in blissful ignorance of your own sins, considering yourself more righteous than others, you are setting yourself up for lessons to be learned. Because of His great love for all of His children He will not let you remain ignorant and arrogant. 

I have learned the hard way never to say “I would never do what they did”! 

He will let you know that He alone is righteous and when He brings you down out of His love for you you will be humbled and never again even entertain the thought that you are better than anyone!

Only through the righteousness of  Jesus Christ  do we live and breathe….it has nothing to do with ours.

Thank you Father that You care enough to not let me die in my ignorance…I love You!

God’s people would be ashamed by the contrast between their faithlessness and God’s faithfulness and the fact that they were being exalted over those who were less sinful—Sodom and Samaria. The people of these other sinful nations would also inherit land, but only by God’s grace, because no such covenant was made with them. Further, God would provide atonement through the New Covenant, which pointed ultimately to the Cross of Christ.


Ezekiel 16:60-63
60 “Nevertheless I will remember My covenant with you in the days of your youth, and I will establish an everlasting covenant with you. 61 Then you will remember your ways and be ashamed, when you receive your older and your younger sisters; for I will give them to you for daughters, but not because of My covenant with you. 62 And I will establish My covenant with you. Then you shall know that I am the Lord, 63 that you may remember and be ashamed, and never open your mouth anymore because of your shame, when I provide you an atonement for all you have done,” says the Lord God.’ ”


45And for their sake He remembered His covenant, And relented according to the multitude of His mercies. 
Psalm 106:45

40 And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from doing them good; but I will put My fear in their hearts so that they will not depart from Me. 
Jeremiah 32:40

19I will betroth you to Me forever; Yes, I will betroth you to Me In righteousness and justice, In lovingkindness and mercy; 
Hosea 2:19

26 but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all. 
Galatians 4:26

19 Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 
Romans 3:19

being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ; 

Philippians 1:6

No comments:

Post a Comment