Friday, September 12, 2014

Matthew 26:33-35

There was time in my life that pride in my righteousness and in my ethics made me feel superior….Oh how God used the events in my life to teach me how much He detest pride and arrogance. 

Now I actively look for any signs of pride in my life and even then I stumble. How unworthy  I am to be entrusted with His precious gift of salvation….thank you Jesus that You are worthy and in Your righteousness there is hope. 

The heart surrounded in love, fellowship and worship is willing but the flesh when it meets Satan’s deception can be totally deceived.

All the disciples, not just Peter, would fall away.

Matthew 26:33-35
33 Peter answered and said to Him, “Even if all are made to stumble because of You, I will never be made to stumble.”
34 Jesus said to him, “Assuredly, I say to you that this night, before the rooster crows, you will deny Me three times.”
35 Peter said to Him, “Even if I have to die with You, I will not deny You!”

74 Then he began to curse and swear, saying, “I do not know the Man!” Immediately a rooster crowed. 
Matthew 26:74

75 And Peter remembered the word of Jesus who had said to him, “Before the rooster crows, you will deny Me three times.” So he went out and wept bitterly. 
Matthew 26:75

30Jesus said to him, “Assuredly, I say to you that today, even this night, before the rooster crows twice, you will deny Me three times.” 
Mark 14:30

34 Then He said, “I tell you, Peter, the rooster shall not crow this day before you will deny three times that you know Me.” 
Luke 22:34

38 Jesus answered him, “Will you lay down your life for My sake? Most assuredly, I say to you, the rooster shall not crow till you have denied Me three times. 

John 13:38

No comments:

Post a Comment