Thursday, September 25, 2014

John 10:14-16

God knows those who have placed their trust in Jesus, the One true Shepherd, who was with the Father from the beginning and came willingly to the earthly realm to save the likes of me and you..and why? 

Because God loves us so much that He gave His only begotten Son to die in our place. 

It was too small a thing that His life be given up only for the Jews so God gave Him the world for His salvation!

The other sheep were not Jews in heathen lands, but Gentiles. The Jewish people had asked if Jesus would go and teach the Gentiles. Jesus now declared that He had sheep among the despised heathen.

One flock anticipates the salvation of the Gentiles and the formation of the church, in which converted Jews and Gentiles would form one spiritual body.

John 10:14-16

14 I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. 15 As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. 

16 And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

11He will feed His flock like a shepherd; He will gather the lambs with His arm, And carry them in His bosom, And gently lead those who are with young. 
Isaiah 40:11

7The Lord is good, A stronghold in the day of trouble; And He knows those who trust in Him. 
Nahum 1:7

19 Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: “The Lord knows those who are His,” and, “Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity.” 
2 Timothy 2:19

27 All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him
Matthew 11:27

6“I, the Lord, have called You in righteousness, And will hold Your hand; I will keep You and give You as a covenant to the people, As a light to the Gentiles, 

Isaiah 42:6

No comments:

Post a Comment