Thursday, September 4, 2014

Hosea 2:19-20

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good and His love endures forever. 

I am so unworthy of such a priceless gift as Jesus Christ. 

My only hope is in God’s hand, there everything is possible, there is where I will be changed. I can rest in the knowledge that He will do whatever it takes to open my eyes to my sins and then show me the way to repentance and life. He is faithful even when I am not.

The Book of Hosea gives us a clear and balanced picture of God. He loves His people and desires an intimate and vibrant relationship with them. He is jealous of their affections and tolerates no rivals. When they sin, He will discipline them as severely as is necessary. While God’s jealousy may seem inappropriate and His discipline may seem harsh, this divine reaction to His people’s sin is actually evidence of His love and commitment. He will allow nothing to ruin the relationship He has established and will do everything to preserve it. In the end, His devotion and mercy will win out, and His people will come to their senses, giving Him the love He fervently desires.

Hosea 2:19-20

19 “I will betroth you to Me forever;
Yes, I will betroth you to Me
In righteousness and justice,
In lovingkindness and mercy;
20 I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness,
And you shall know the Lord.

33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 
Jeremiah 31:33

34 No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.” 
Jeremiah 31:34

6For I desire mercy and not sacrifice, And the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings. 
Hosea 6:6

4“Yet I am the Lord your God Ever since the land of Egypt, And you shall know no God but Me; For there is no savior besides Me. 
Hosea 13:4

And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. 

John 17:3

No comments:

Post a Comment