Friday, June 23, 2023

Jeremiah 33:2-3


God is unchanging He is the same… in the past, in the present and in the future. Praise His holy name!


Jesus Christ the King and Lord over all!


Philippians 4:7 says, “His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.” Worry is an option, not an assignment. Be quick to pray. Rather than worry about anything, Scripture says, “pray about everything.” Focus less on the problems ahead and more on the victories behind. In everything let your requests be made known to God! Do your part, and God will for sure do his. Max Lucado


As we come alongside those we care about, let's consider a better approach:

Being patient. (Acts 26:3;  1 Thessalonians 5:14)

Using gracious words. (Proverbs 16:24;  Colossians 4:6)

Showing compassion. (Job 6:14;  Romans 12:15;  Hebrews 13:3)

Being gentle with those who are suffering. (Galatians 6:1;  Titus 3:2)

Not being judgmental. (Matthew 7:1-5;  James 4:11-12;  Titus 3:3)

First5


Focused only on labels (limiting everyone by “just a”—seeing only their trade or job) I missed the gift and the power of connection. And I missed the healing reality that making a difference grows in the soil of connection. We make a difference when hearts and lives touch.


Barbara Bush’s reminder, “At the end of your life you will never regret not having passed one more test, not winning one more verdict, or not closing one more deal. You will regret time not spent with a husband, a friend, a child or a parent.” 


Let’s give Jimmy Carter the last word. “I have one life and one chance to make it count for something . . . I'm free to choose what that something is, and the something I've chosen is my faith. Now, my faith goes beyond theology and religion and requires considerable work and effort. My faith demands -- this is not optional -- my faith demands that I do whatever I can, wherever I am, whenever I can, for as long as I can with whatever I have to try to make a difference.”  SabbathMoments 


Jeremiah 33:2-3

2 “Thus says the Lord who made it, the Lord who formed it to establish it (the Lord is His name): 3 ‘Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.’ The New King James Version


When the announcement of salvation follows promises of judgment, it is often presented as something new and hidden. The contrast between God’s former actions of judgment and His future plans for consolation and restoration is a prominent theme in Isaiah 40–48. Faithlife Study Bible


Isaiah 42:

Behold, the former things have come to pass, 

And new things I declare; 

Before they spring forth I tell you of them.”


Jeremiah urged the people to call out to the Lord, pointing out that this time the Lord would hear and answer their cries. Mighty things has the abstract meaning of “inaccessible” or “unfathomable.” God had done great things in creation; here the people were invited to observe anew the unfathomable greatness of God’s work on their behalf. The NKJV Study Bible


Exodus 6:3 

I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, as God Almighty, but by My name LORD I was not known to them.


Psalm 91:15 

He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;

I will be with him in trouble;

I will deliver him and honor him.


Isaiah 48:6 

“You have heard;

See all this.

And will you not declare it?

I have made you hear new things from this time,

Even hidden things, and you did not know them.


Jeremiah 29:12 

Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment