Thursday, August 12, 2021

Acts 27:21–26

Timmy is going on his first outside adventure to a CLA horn show in Lexington, KY. I am staying her just in case Mom needs me since I am now the only one in our hometown! He is armed with the vaccine and plenty of masks. He has been so very cautious the last year and a half and he is very nervous about this whole thing and has changed his mind a dozen times. Prayers appreciated!!


God get him safely there and safely home!


I  listen closely to the voice of Holy Spirit…he has never forsaken me in all these years.


Acts 27:21–26

21 But after long abstinence from food, then Paul stood in the midst of them and said, “Men, you should have listened to me, and not have sailed from Crete and incurred this disaster and loss. 22 And now I urge you to take heart, for there will be no loss of life among you, but only of the ship. 23 For there stood by me this night an angel of the God to whom I belong and whom I serve, 24 saying, ‘Do not be afraid, Paul; you must be brought before Caesar; and indeed God has granted you all those who sail with you.’ 25 Therefore take heart, men, for I believe God that it will be just as it was told me. 26 However, we must run aground on a certain island.”


The ship continues its voyage against Paul’s advice, and he is soon proven correct. The ship’s crew gives up hope, but Paul receives a vision that nobody will die. God has ordained that Paul will testify in Rome and shows favor to all aboard the ship because of Paul. Faithlife Bible.


Paul had been given absolute assurance by the all-powerful and all-knowing God that no one would be lost on the ship. Yet Paul warned that if the sailors were successful in escaping from the ship, the Roman soldiers would lose their lives. Because of Paul’s comments, the soldiers stopped the sailors from leaving the ship and everyone made it ashore alive. God fulfilled His purpose and promise through the warnings of Paul and the choices of the soldiers. NKJ Bible.


Observe the solemn profession Paul made of relation to God. No storms or tempests can hinder God’s favour to his people, for he is a Help always at hand. It is a comfort to the faithful servants of God when in difficulties, that as long as the Lord has any work for them to do, their lives shall be prolonged. Matthew Henry Commentary.


Daniel 6:16 So the king gave the command, and they brought Daniel and cast him into the den of lions. But the king spoke, saying to Daniel, “Your God, whom you serve continually, He will deliver you.”


Luke 1:45 Blessed is she who believed, for there will be a fulfillment of those things which were told her from the Lord.”


2 Timothy 4:17 But the Lord stood with me and strengthened me, so that the message might be preached fully through me, and that all the Gentiles might hear. Also I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.

No comments:

Post a Comment