Monday, September 14, 2020

Matthew 26:26-29

Only say the word and I will be healed! 


In Christ we are reconciled to God. Through His obedience and love we are healed.


Praise Father, Son and Holy Spirit!


Matthew 26:26-29

26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to the disciples and said, “Take, eat; this is My body.”

27 Then He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you. 28 For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. 29 But I say to you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father’s kingdom.”


Jesus’ body was the final sacrifice that would atone for sins, just as the Passover lamb signified the atonement for the people’s sins every year in Leviticus 16. The Passover meal includes four (sometimes five) cups of wine; this is likely the third, the cup of blessing. 


In the ancient Near East, covenants often were ratified using blood (through sacrifice). At Sinai, Moses sprinkled the people with the blood of the covenant in Exodus 24:8. The elements of the Lord’s Supper  serve as signs of the new covenant. Faithlife Bible.


This is My blood of the new covenant refers to the covenant that had been promised in the Old Testament. The Lord Jesus specifically said that His blood … is shed for many for the remission of sins. The word many anticipates the command to preach the Good News to all the world. This verse anticipates God’s kingdom when Christ will reign on the throne of David. Today He is seated with the Father on His throne and intercedes for us. NKJ Bible.


Exodus 24:8  And Moses took the blood, sprinkled it on the people, and said, “This is the blood of the covenant which the LORD has made with you according to all these words.”


Leviticus 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you upon the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that makes atonement for the soul.’


Mark 14:23  Then He took the cup, and when He had given thanks He gave it to them, and they all drank from it.


Mark 14:25  Assuredly, I say to you, I will no longer drink of the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new in the kingdom of God.”


Luke 22:18  for I say to you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes.”


No comments:

Post a Comment