Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Ezekiel 20:37-39

We will be tested to stand approved. It is not our salvation in question but our faith and loyalty to Christ and His commands. Thank you Father for your unfailing mercy and faithfulness. I love you!!!


Faith alone pleases God…hang on onto the end!


Ezekiel 20:37-38

37 “I will make you pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant; 38 I will purge the rebels from among you, and those who transgress against Me; I will bring them out of the country where they dwell, but they shall not enter the land of Israel. Then you will know that I am the Lord.


Those selected will be set apart to accept the obligation of the covenant. Those who are not selected will be punished. Entering the land is a privilege for those who keep faith with Yahweh. Faithlife Bible.


This is the way a shepherd counts and controls his sheep. A rod sometimes speaks of discipline, but here it is parallel to the idea of bringing you into the bond of the covenant. God’s lordship of His people for personal, purposeful relationship is in view. This future bonding with God will be a time when Israel is cleansed of spiritual idolaters. At that time, the people will finally know that God is the Lord. NKJ Bible.


Psalm 89:32  “If his sons forsake My law and do not walk in My judgments, If they break My statutesAnd do not keep My commandments, then I will punish their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes.


Psalm 89:33  Nevertheless My lovingkindness I will not utterly take from him, nor allow My faithfulness to fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment