Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Phillipians 1:3-11


Joy in the Lord is our strength...rejoice and be glad in it.

Within the Church we are all in different stages of being transformed into the Body of Jesus Christ. We are His hands and feet to a dying world system. We are servants to be used to prepare the way to  the reign of God on earth! Understanding this allows us to have compassion and mercy on our fellow man and Christians in particular.

Jesus died so that all of mankind would have the chance to choose life.

Joy, a prominent theme in Philippians, filled Paul’s prayers for the Philippians even when he interceded for their needs. This is the first of five uses of the Greek word for joy in the letter. Paul also uses the Greek word for rejoice nine times in this letter.

This was taking place “among” the believers rather than “in” any isolated believer. NKJ Bible.

Philippians 1:3–11 (NKJV)
I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy, for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ; just as it is right for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart, inasmuch as both in my chains and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel, you all are partakers with me of grace. For God is my witness, how greatly I long for you all with the affection of Jesus Christ. And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment, that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ, being filled with the fruits of righteousness which are by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.

Romans 1:9
For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of His Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers,

1 Corinthian 1:8

who will also confirm you to the end, that you may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment