Monday, May 13, 2019

John 15:1-5


I just want to be like You, Jesus!

Ever wish that the pruning was over? Me too.

Every branch is said to be in Christ. Paul uses the phrase “in Christ” to speak of a Christian’s legal and family position as a result of God’s grace. The emphasis of in Me in this passage, however, is on deep, abiding fellowship. Jesus’ purpose was to move His disciples from servants to friends. This would involve a process of discipline in regard to His commandments.

No plant produces fruit instantaneously; fruit is the result of a process. Such is also the case with believers. Prunes means “cleanses.” Once the fruit is on the vine, the vinedresser cleanses the fruit of bugs and diseases. The spiritual counterpart is cleansing which is done through the Word. NKJ Bible.

John 15:1–5 (NKJV)
15 “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
“I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.

Matthew 15:13 (NKJV)
13 But He answered and said, “Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted.

John 17:17 (NKJV)

17 Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment