Monday, August 17, 2015

Nahum 1:15

As I sat on the deck this morning I was reminded of how useless it is to worry about earthly things. So many times I let worldly concerns override the beauty that God created for us to enjoy. How many wasted moments are spent in fear when the only thing that I need is Him and the only thing I need to be is me.....His creation. 

In the time I am allocated here on earth…I want to bring the peace of the Good News of salvation that Jesus proclaimed to others by being His hands of love to everyone that He places on my journey. 

With the promise of future deliverance from oppression, the prophet called for the people to live in righteousness and expectation. 

There is nothing better for the people of God in any age than to live in obedience to Him anxiously awaiting the return of our Savior.

Nahum 1:15
15 Behold, on the mountains
The feet of him who brings good tidings,
Who proclaims peace!
O Judah, keep your appointed feasts,
Perform your vows.
For the wicked one shall no more pass through you;
He is utterly cut off.

7 How beautiful upon the mountains Are the feet of him who brings good news, Who proclaims peace, Who brings glad tidings of good things, Who proclaims salvation, Who says to Zion, i“Your God reigns!” 
Isaiah 52:7

15 And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, Who bring glad tidings of good things!” 

Romans 10:15

No comments:

Post a Comment