Monday, August 10, 2015

1 Corinthians


It matters little who brings the message of the Gospel it matters what Gospel they bring! 

Paul did not rely on his eloquence or on Greek wisdom to convince his listeners. Instead, he gave the testimony of God which had not been explained before, but which was being revealed by the Holy Spirit. The focal point of Paul’s preaching was Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 1:10-13
 Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. 11 For it has been declared to me concerning you, my brethren, by those of Chloe’s household, that there are contentions among you. 12 Now I say this, that each of you says, “I am of Paul,” or “I am of Apollos,” or “I am of Cephas,” or “I am of Christ.” 13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?

1 Corinthians 2:1-2
And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God. For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.


11 Finally, brethren, farewell. Become complete. Be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you. 
2 Corinthians 13:11

Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous; 
1 Peter 3:8

14 But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. 

Galatians 6:14

No comments:

Post a Comment