Tuesday, August 4, 2015

JOHN 10:11-16

Jesus was not under a mandate to save us…..He chose to! 

He had the power to lay down His life and He had the power to pick it up. He chose to give up His life in place of yours. He is the only way to the Father. In seeking the truth you will find Jesus the Christ.

Jesus laid down His physical life in order to give us eternal life. 

The other sheep were not Jews in heathen lands, but Gentiles. The Jewish people had asked if Jesus would go and teach the Gentiles. Jesus now declared that He had sheep among the despised heathen. One flock anticipates the salvation of the Gentiles and the formation of the church, in which converted Jews and Gentiles would form one spiritual body.

John 10:11-16
11 I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. 12 But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them. 13 The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep. 14 I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. 15 As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. 16 And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

11 He will feed His flock like a shepherd; He will gather the lambs with His arm, And carry them in His bosom, And gently lead those who are with young. 
Isaiah 40:11

7 The Lord is good, A stronghold in the day of trouble; And He knows those who trust in Him. 
Nahum 1:7

20 Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 
Hebrews 13:20

25 For you were like sheep going astray, but have now returned  to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls. 
1 Peter 2:25

17 for the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to living fountains of waters. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.” 

Revelation 7:17

No comments:

Post a Comment