Friday, July 31, 2015

Acts 9:4-7

There are two baptisms given in the Scriptures. The “Baptism of Repentance” and the “Baptism of the Holy Spirit. 

We need to repent of our sins inviting Jesus into all areas of our life and then the power of the Holy Spirit will be able to accomplish that which we cannot. When Jesus eliminated the veil between God and man and He returned to His rightful place at the right hand of the Father it allowed the very Spirit of God to dwell in man.

Acts 19:4-7
Then Paul said, “John indeed baptized with a baptism of repentance, saying to the people that they should believe on Him who would come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.”
When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. And when Paul had laid hands on them, the Holy Spirit came upon them, and they spoke with tongues and prophesied. Now the men were about twelve in all.


11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. 
Matthew 3:11

I indeed baptized you with water, but He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.” 
Mark 1:8

16 John answered, saying to all, “I indeed baptize you with water; but One mightier than I is coming, whose sandal strap I am not worthy to loose. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. 
Luke 3:16

17 Then they laid hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit. 
Acts 8:17

17 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 
Mark 16:17

4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. 

Acts 2:4

No comments:

Post a Comment