Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Isaiah 12

Sometimes in the midst of all the turmoil in the world I forget to look around me and praise God for the sheer beauty of His world, His creation, that He created for man. Thank you Lord for the snow, for the sunshine, for the beauty that is Your workmanship! 

The ultimate gift of salvation is  unmerited, undeserved but an outward expression of His love for man….rejoice in it!

Sometimes I need to be reminded that “Joy in the Lord” is my strength.

This hymn of praise for God’s salvation by the restored remnant after the second Exodus resembles Moses and Miriam’s hymn of praise after the first Exodus from Egypt.

praise |prāz|
verb [ with obj. ]
express warm approval or admiration of: 
  • express one's respect and gratitude toward (a deity), especially in song: we praise God for past blessings.

noun
• the expression of respect and gratitude as an act of worship: give praise to God.

Isaiah 12
12 And in that day you will say:
“O Lord, I will praise You;
Though You were angry with me,
Your anger is turned away, and You comfort me.

2 Behold, God is my salvation,
I will trust and not be afraid;
‘For Yah, the Lord, is my strength and song;
He also has become my salvation.’ ”
3 Therefore with joy you will draw water
From the wells of salvation.
And in that day you will say:
“Praise the Lord, call upon His name;
Declare His deeds among the peoples,
Make mention that His name is exalted.

5 Sing to the Lord,
For He has done excellent things;
This is known in all the earth.
6 Cry out and shout, O inhabitant of Zion,
For great is the Holy One of Israel in your midst!”


18That they may know that You, whose name alone is the Lord, Are the Most High over all the earth. 
Psalm 83:18

2The Lord is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation; He is my God, and I will praise Him; My father’s God, and I will exalt Him. 
Exodus 15:2

3Oh, magnify the Lord with me, And let us exalt His name together. 
Psalm 34:3

8Oh, give thanks to the Lord! Call upon His name; Make known His deeds among the peoples! 
1 Chronicles 16:8

14Sing, O daughter of Zion! Shout, O Israel! Be glad and rejoice with all your heart, O daughter of Jerusalem! 
Zephaniah 3:14

18For our shield belongs to the Lord, And our king to the Holy One of Israel. 

Psalm 89:18

No comments:

Post a Comment