Friday, December 26, 2014

John 8:21-24

Just believe  in Him who has given His body up for yours so that you can abide in Him by the power of the Holy Spirit who resides in you. 

We shall live for all eternity with the  Triune Godhead  through the salvation of  Jesus Christ  on the cross. 

The Gospel of John is the only book in the Bible that states its purpose clearly and succinctly: It was written to tell individuals how to find eternal life. 

It is not so much a life of  Jesus  as it is a powerful presentation of His deity. According to John, believing that Jesus is the Son of God, the Savior of the world, is the beginning of eternal life.

Jesus was claiming to be God. 

This assertion was not understood by the religious leaders at this time. Later, Jesus’ claim to be the “I AM” prompted the Jewish leaders to seek His life.

John 8:21-24

21 Then Jesus said to them again, “I am going away, and you will seek Me, and will die in your sin. Where I go you cannot come.”
22 So the Jews said, “Will He kill Himself, because He says, ‘Where I go you cannot come’?” 23 And He said to them, “You are from beneath; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. 24 Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.”


16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. 
Mark 16:16

58 Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.” 

John 8:58

No comments:

Post a Comment