Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Isaiah 12:1-6


In all the expectations of this  Holy Season that is upon us let us remember always that it is the great and overpowering love of God that sent His only begotten Son into a cold and distant land to live and die for us…for you and for me! 

Jesus provided the bridge from death to life; from sorrow to hope; from sadness to joy. God gave up everything for that moment in time where Jesus was tortured beyond our comprehension and then died to His physical body and in so doing conquered death once and for ALL who would choose to accept this priceless gift of life eternal in Him. 

Our faith in God is our shield against the distractions and evils of this world!

This is a hymn of praise for God’s salvation by the restored remnant after the second Exodus.

Isaiah 12:1-6
12 And in that day you will say:
“O Lord, I will praise You;
Though You were angry with me,
Your anger is turned away, and You comfort me.
2 Behold, God is my salvation,
I will trust and not be afraid;
‘For Yah, the Lord, is my strength and song;
He also has become my salvation.’ ”
3 Therefore with joy you will draw water
From the wells of salvation.
And in that day you will say:
“Praise the Lord, call upon His name;
Declare His deeds among the peoples,
Make mention that His name is exalted.
5 Sing to the Lord,
For He has done excellent things;
This is known in all the earth.
6 Cry out and shout, O inhabitant of Zion,
For great is the Holy One of Israel in your midst!”


18That they may know that You, whose name alone is the Lord, Are the Most High over all the earth. 
Psalm 83:18


2The Lord is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation; He is my God, and I will praise Him; My father’s God, and I will exalt Him. 
Exodus 15:2


14The Lord is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation. 
Psalm 118:14


10 Jesus answered and said to her, “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, ‘Give Me a drink,’ you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water.” 
John 4:10


8Oh, give thanks to the Lord! Call upon His name; Make known His deeds among the peoples! 
1 Chronicles 16:8


3Oh, magnify the Lord with me, And let us exalt His name together. 
Psalm 34:3


18For our shield belongs to the Lord, And our king to the Holy One of Israel. 

Psalm 89:18

No comments:

Post a Comment