Thursday, October 30, 2014

Jonah 2:7-8

God  is merciful, loving and kind. His grace is extended to us new each day and all we need is to cry out to Him and He is faithful to hear us. Pray always and in all things that His will be done in our life.

Jonah reaffirms his faith in the Lord and renews his commitment to Him. 

Mercy  (loyal love), the term that so often describes God’s faithfulness to His covenant and to His people is used as a name for the Lord.

 Jonah 2:7-8
7 “When my soul fainted within me,
I remembered the Lord;
And my prayer went up to You,
Into Your holy temple.

8 “Those who regard worthless idols
Forsake their own Mercy.


Then the priests, the Levites, arose and blessed the people, and their voice was heard; and their prayer came up to His holy dwelling place, to heaven. 
2 Chronicles 30:27

In my distress I called upon the Lord, And cried out to my God; He heard my voice from His temple, And my cry came before Him, even to His ears. 
Psalm 18:6

I have hated those who regard useless idols; But I trust in the Lord. 
Psalm 31:6

But they are altogether dull-hearted and foolish; A wooden idol is a worthless doctrine. 

Jeremiah 10:8

No comments:

Post a Comment