Monday, January 27, 2014

Matthew 26:30-35

The hardest person to forgive is ourself. For our mental sanity we see ourselves as better than we are. When we are forced to see the reality of a situation we are shattered and incapable of accepting our failure except through Christ. When we acknowledge our sinfulness to ourself we cannot help but come to the reality  that we are not worthy to have the spotless Lamb of God die for our sins. Then and only then can we humbly beg for His forgiveness and mercy. Our pride masked as self hatred can stop us from doing the will of God in our life. Let the blood of Jesus through the power of the Holy Spirit clean up the mess that you have made and give you His righteousness. There is no one worthy NO.NOT.ONE.

All the disciples, not just Peter, would fall away.

Matthew 26:30-35
30 And when they had sung a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives.
31 Then Jesus said to them, “All of you will be made to stumble because of Me this night, for it is written:
‘I will strike the Shepherd,
And the sheep of the flock will be scattered.’
32 But after I have been raised, I will go before you to Galilee.”
33 Peter answered and said to Him, “Even if all are made to stumble because of You, I will never be made to stumble.”
34 Jesus said to him, “Assuredly, I say to you that this night, before the rooster crows, you will deny Me three times.”
35 Peter said to Him, “Even if I have to die with You, I will not deny You!”
And so said all the disciples.

And the Lord said, “Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat. 32 But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren.33 But he said to Him, “Lord, I am ready to go with You, both to prison and to death.” 34 hThen He said, “I tell you, Peter, the rooster shall not crow this day before you will deny three times that you know Me.” 
Luke 22:31–34

56 But all this was done that the Scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled.” Then all the disciples forsook Him and fled. 
Matthew 26:56

“Awake, O sword, against My Shepherd, Against the Man who is My Companion,” Says the Lord of hosts. “Strike the Shepherd, And the sheep will be scattered; Then I will turn My hand against the little ones. 
Zechariah 13:7

Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever. 2Let Israel now say, “His mercy endures forever.” 3 Let the house of Aaron now say, “His mercy endures forever.” 4Let those who fear the Lord now say, “His mercy endures forever.” 5 I called on the Lord in distress; The Lord answered me and set me in a broad place.

Psalm 118:1–29 

No comments:

Post a Comment