Friday, December 9, 2011

Jeremiah 1:4-8

If God leads you to it He will get you through it. God uses whom He wills and all we need to be is willing and compliant.
Jeremiah was keenly aware that the call of God in his life had been determined by God from before his conception. As God’s word became a reality in his life, the prophet understood that God knew him and had called him to proclaim a critical message at a crucial point in the history of the nation. The word knew refers to an intimate knowledge that comes from relationship and personal commitment. That intimate relationship was made apparent in God’s sanctifying work, whereby Jeremiah was “set apart” (made holy) for special service. Jeremiah’s role was to be a prophet to the nation of Judah as well as a messenger of God for all nations.
Jeremiah would not go and speak alone or of his own accord, but according to the word of the Lord and with His powerful presence. The term deliver is used in Jeremiah to indicate the saving of the people from their captors, the deliverance of the poor from their oppressors, and the safety of the prophet from possible harm before national leaders.
Jeremiah 1:4-8
4 Then the word of the Lord came to me, saying: 
5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; 
Before you were born I sanctified you; 
I ordained you a prophet to the nations.” 
6 Then said I: 
“Ah, Lord God! 
Behold, I cannot speak, for I am a youth.” 
7 But the Lord said to me: 
“Do not say, ‘I am a youth,’ 
For you shall go to all to whom I send you, 
And whatever I command you, you shall speak. 
8 Do not be afraid of their faces, 
For I am with you to deliver you,” says the Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment