Friday, December 16, 2011

2 Corinthians 2:5-11

In the manner that we judge we will be judged and in the manner that we forgive we shall be forgiven. That pretty much sums up how we should treat others and how others should treat us. Satan would like nothing more than divide us.
The purpose of church discipline is repentance and restoration. Forgiveness should always follow the correction, just as Christ instructed. One of Satan’s devices, or designs, is to cheat the believer out of true forgiveness. The devil will try to divide the church any way he can.
2 Corinthians 2:5-11
5 But if anyone has caused grief, he has not grieved me, but all of you to some extent—not to be too severe. 6 This punishment which was inflicted by the majority is sufficient for such a man, 7 so that, on the contrary, you ought rather to forgive and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one be swallowed up with too much sorrow. 8 Therefore I urge you to reaffirm your love to him. 9 For to this end I also wrote, that I might put you to the test, whether you are obedient in all things. 10 Now whom you forgive anything, I also forgive. For if indeed I have forgiven anything, I have forgiven that one for your sakes in the presence of Christ, 11 lest Satan should take advantage of us; for we are not ignorant of his devices. 

No comments:

Post a Comment