Thursday, December 8, 2011

Isaiah 46:12-13

God is merciful and kind even when we stray far from Him but there will come an end to the grace He has extended in Jesus Christ. We stay grounded in our circumstances out of fear of the unknown or complacency. It is easier to be stagnant than to reach for the Star of Bethlehem.
As there were those in the first Exodus who longed to return to Egypt, so in the second Exodus there would be those who refused to leave the comfort and security of Babylon and Persia. In spite of the Israelites’ long history of rebellion, God loves His people Israel and has never utterly cast them aside.
Isaiah 46:12-13
12 “Listen to Me, you stubborn-hearted, 
Who are far from righteousness: 
13 I bring My righteousness near, it shall not be far off; 
My salvation shall not linger. 
And I will place salvation in Zion, 
For Israel My glory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment