Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Psalm 127:3-5

I am off to visit with three of my grandchildren. Their Mommy, my daughter, is working in the library at their school today and they need a Nana to stay with them. My six grandchildren are such a blessing to me!!


In ancient times, having many children was regarded as a symbol of strength. A full quiver was a mark of God’s blessing. The blessing of a home in ancient times gave a person a measure of pride in the community.

Psalm 127:3-5

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,

The fruit of the womb is a reward.

4 Like arrows in the hand of a warrior,

So are the children of one’s youth.

5 Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them;

They shall not be ashamed,

But shall speak with their enemies in the gate.

No comments:

Post a Comment