Friday, October 1, 2010

3 John 2-4

There is nothing that I want more than for my children and yours to believe in the salvation offered to them by the Father in the death, burial and resurrection of His Son. Nothing in this life can compare to the love of God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit that is offered to them as a gift. We cannot earn salvation it is freely given; all we need is to accept it and then share the love of the good news with others. Praise God for the love that He gave to you, me and the world. Believe in the Word of God made flesh!


The reason for John’s prayer is the testimony of others that Gaius walks in the truth. Truth here refers to the body of truth given to the church through the apostles and prophets, that is, the Scripture. Gaius walks according to the Word of God rather than the ways of the world. To walk in truth means to walk according to God’s Word, the revelation of His truth.

3 John 2-4

2 Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers. 3 For I rejoiced greatly when brethren came and testified of the truth that is in you, just as you walk in the truth. 4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment