Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Jeremiah 30:10-11 God’s love never fails

There are consequences to our actions. 


God’s love is unfailing and He corrects us because of His  great love for us. Out of this great agape love for His creation…He sent salvation, Jesus Christ.


Isaiah 42:1 “Behold! My Servant whom I uphold, My Elect One in whom My soul delights! I have put My Spirit upon Him; He will bring forth justice to the Gentiles.


Isaiah 44:1 “Yet hear me now, O Jacob My servant, And Israel whom I have chosen.


Jeremiah 10:24 

O LORD, correct me, but with justice;

Not in Your anger, lest You bring me to nothing.


Jesus and the 12 disciples were celebrating Passover, which commemorated God leading Israel out of slavery in Egypt. To protect themselves from the plague that killed the firstborn of the land, the Israelites had to place the blood of a spotless lamb on their doorposts so God's judgment would "pass over" their homes (Exodus 12). Before Jesus' earthly lifetime, generations of Israelites had faithfully celebrated Passover in remembrance of this miracle, but in what must have been a shocking departure from tradition, when Jesus broke bread, He did not speak of Israel's rescue from Egypt. Instead, He said "this is my body" (Matthew 26:26) and declared His blood to be the "blood of the covenant" (Matthew 26:28).


Jesus was showing His disciples, and all future generations of believers, that He was and is both the ultimate fulfillment of the old covenant and the beginning of a new covenant (Hebrews 9:15;  Luke 22:20). He was and is the perfect, spotless Lamb. His sacrificial death is the only thing necessary for all who believe in Him to be forgiven of our sins and made right with God (John 3:16).    Jesus paid the full price for our sin on the cross, and He holds our future. Jesus is worthy of all of our trust and hope. 


How many times in our own lives do we, too, let Jesus down? How often does our own sin and disobedience disappoint Him?

It's humbling to consider how easily and frequently we stumble. But let's also remember this: Jesus already knew Peter would deny Him, and He loved him anyway.


When Jesus called Peter to follow Him and become a fisher of men (Matthew 4:19), He knew.

When Jesus told Simon he was blessed and changed his name to Peter (Matthew 16:17-18), He knew.

When Jesus brought Peter to witness His transfiguration (Matthew 17:1-9), He knew. When Jesus invited Peter into His most intimate prayer in the garden of Gethsemane (Matthew 26:36), He knew.


Peter's failures humbled him to seek forgiveness, but they did not disqualify him from serving Jesus, and neither do our failures. Jesus already knows when we will fall. He loves and pursues us anyway. First 5


Jeremiah 30:10-11

10 ‘Therefore do not fear, O My servant Jacob,’ says the Lord, ‘Nor be dismayed, O Israel; For behold, I will save you from afar, And your seed from the land of their captivity. Jacob shall return, have rest and be quiet, And no one shall make him afraid. 11 For I am with you,’ says the Lord, ‘to save you; Though I make a full end of all nations where I have scattered you, Yet I will not make a complete end of you. But I will correct you in justice, And will not let you go altogether unpunished.’ The New King James Version


My servant: The use of this terminology for Israel and Judah parallels that of Isaiah 42:1; 44:1. The hope of the nation was rest, tranquility in the absence of external and internal distress, and quiet, security and ease resulting from trust in the Lord. 


Your affliction is incurable, Your wound is severe: God’s hand of judgment had brought serious harm to the nation, a mortal wound unless God intervened. The NKJV Study Bible


The focus of Isaiah 40–55 is also on salvation, consolation, and restoration. The entire world is subject to Yahweh’s wrath, but only Israel was promised a remnant. Faithlife Study Bible


The Jews shall be restored again. They shall obey, or hearken to the Messiah, the Christ, the Son of David, their King. The deliverance of the Jews from Babylon, is pointed out in the prophecy, but the restoration and happy state of Israel and Judah, when converted to Christ their King, are foretold; also the miseries of the nations before the coming of Christ. All men must honour the Son as they honour the Father, and come into the service and worship of God by him. Our gracious Lord pardons the sins of the believer, and breaks off the yoke of sin and Satan, that he may serve God without fear, in righteousness and true holiness before him all the remainder of his days, as the redeemed subject of Christ our King. Matthew Henry’s Concise Commentary


Isaiah 43:5 

Fear not, for I am with you;

I will bring your descendants from the east,

And gather you from the west;


Isaiah 44:2 

Thus says the LORD who made you

And formed you from the womb, who will help you:

“Fear not, O Jacob My servant;

And you, Jeshurun, whom I have chosen.


Jeremiah 46:27 

“But do not fear, O My servant Jacob,

And do not be dismayed, O Israel!

For behold, I will save you from afar,

And your offspring from the land of their captivity;

Jacob shall return, have rest and be at ease;

No one shall make him afraid.


Jeremiah 46:28 

Do not fear, O Jacob My servant,” says the LORD,

“For I am with you;

For I will make a complete end of all the nations

To which I have driven you,

But I will not make a complete end of you.

I will rightly correct you,

For I will not leave you wholly unpunished.”

No comments:

Post a Comment