Monday, July 31, 2023

2 Corinthians 12:19-21


May the  Father’s grace be shown in me. God’s love for His creation, manifested in the salvation of Christ the Lord, covered a multitude of sins.


In the unity of  Holy Spirit  may we be the love of God, to all those that we encounter.


"All of earth is crammed with heaven
And every bush a flame with God
But only those who see take off their shoes."
Elizabeth Barrett Browning


I
don’t want to miss...
the serendipitous gifts of grace,
the invitation to look for daily miracles,
and the presence of the holy,
and the gentle dose of the sacred reflected in our everyday,
and extraordinarily ordinary world. 


It reminds me of a traditional Jewish saying which does my heart good, “On the day of Judgment God will only ask one question: Did you enjoy my world?” Sabbath Moments


It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all. Laura Ingalls Wilder


2 Corinthians 12:19-21

19 Again, do you think that we excuse ourselves to you? We speak before God in Christ. But we do all things, beloved, for your edification. 20 For I fear lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I wish, and that I shall be found by you such as you do not wish; lest there be contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, backbitings, whisperings, conceits, tumults; 21 lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and I shall mourn for many who have sinned before and have not repented of the uncleanness, fornication, and lewdness which they have practiced. The New King James Version


The sins Paul lists echo the works of the flesh he listed in Galatians 5:19–21. Such vices are sins against the community and create division among believers. Faithlife Study Bible


Falls and misdeeds are humbling to a minister; and God sometimes takes this way to humble those who might be tempted to be lifted up. Matthew Henry’s Concise Commentary


1 Corinthians 4:21 What do you want? Shall I come to you with a rod, or in love and a spirit of gentleness? 


2 Corinthians 2:1 But I determined this within myself, that I would not come again to you in sorrow.  


2 Corinthians 2:4 For out of much affliction and anguish of heart I wrote to you, with many tears, not that you should be grieved, but that you might know the love which I have so abundantly for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment