Monday, January 2, 2023

Matthew 26:39


Your will be done in earth as it is in heaven! 


We can trust that God's will for our life is always for our good and the good of the Body of Christ. 


Jesus died so that we could live.


Matthew 26:39

39 He went a little farther and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, “O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will.” The New King James Version


This cup refers to suffering. 


It was not the impending physical suffering, as terrible as it would be, that caused Jesus to pray this way; it was the reality of the sinless Son of God bearing the sins of the world and facing separation from His Father. 


Cup is a figure of speech for wrath in the Old Testament. Jesus became a curse for us and took the brunt of God’s righteous wrath against sin. The NKJV Study Bible


John 5:30 I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me.


John 6:38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.


Philippians 2:8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cros


No comments:

Post a Comment