Sunday, November 21, 2021

Life Church Vineyard Lancaster, OH

Everyone Gets To Play! The Spiritual Gift of Prophesy. 

Holy Spirit is the third person of the Godhead.


Joel 2:28-29

28 “And it shall come to pass afterward That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your old men shall dream dreams, Your young men shall see visions. 29 And also on My menservants and on My maidservants I will pour out My Spirit in those days.


Acts 2:1-4

2 When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. 2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3 Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them. 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.


God gifts me with what I need for the person in front of me. He is the gift giver. We are the gift deliverer. Holy Spirit is available in ALL situation.


“The how comes when we do the what.” John Wimber


The healthier you are, the healthier the Church is.


“Church health is determined by its commitment to address the mess.”


“The messiness of ministry is the ministry.” Mitch Price


The gifts are the equipment of Holy Spirit.


“There are no healers, there are only those who are being used to heal.” Ron Grubb


Faith without action is dead. We show our faith by what we do.


Tongues is not essential or a mandate …but it is beneficial and an opportunity to use this prayer language.


The gift of prophesy


1 Corinthians 14:1-5

14 Pursue love, and desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy. 2 For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries. 3 But he who prophesies speaks edification and exhortation and comfort to men. 4 He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church. 5 I wish you all spoke with tongues, but even more that you prophesied; for he who prophesies is greater than he who speaks with tongues, unless indeed he interprets, that the church may receive edification.


Without love we are just noise.


18 I thank my God I speak with tongues more than you all; 19 yet in the church I would rather speak five words with my understanding, that I may teach others also, than ten thousand words in a tongue.


Live a life of expectancies…expecting Holy Spirit to give you utterance.


Prophesy is:

Calling forth the things of God.

A divinely inspired revelation of interpretation.

More about “forthtelling” rather than “foretelling”.


We need to weigh the prophesy with Scripture and realize that it coming through a fallible human being.


1 John 4:1

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.



1 Thessalonians 5

19 Do not quench the Spirit. 20 Do not despise prophecies. 21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.


The New King James Version


No comments:

Post a Comment