Monday, November 15, 2021

John 14:19-21

 Without faith it is impossible to please God.

Jesus gave us two commands…to love God above any person, place, or thing and to love others as much as we love our selves and our own families. If we do, love will fulfill the Law and all the Commandments of I Am.


When the world seems off the rails, hold fast to this truth: God determines the course of history. He is, according to 1 Timothy 6:15, “the blessed controller of all things.” Max Lucaado


The One who came still comes and the One who spoke still speaks—Go after a life of love as if your life depended on it—because it does.  The First Book of Corinthians. Terry Hershey “Sabbath Moments”


John 14:19-21

19 “A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you will live also. 20 At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you. 21 He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.The New King James Version


Jesus is prophesying His appearances after His resurrection. We need to be loving God and others, as Jesus has loved people. Faithlife Study Bible


Jesus would come to the disciples, but not with the same kind of presence they experienced at that moment. The world saw Jesus only in the flesh; the disciples would see Him in a spiritual sense. These two verses are the conclusion of Jesus’ answer to Philip’s request, “show us the Father”. As the believer lovingly obeys Christ’s commandments, he or she will experience a more intimate knowledge of Him. The NKJV Study Bible


Christ promises that he would continue his care of his disciples. I will not leave you orphans, or fatherless, for though I leave you, yet I leave you this comfort, I will come to you. I will come speedily to you at my resurrection. I will come daily to you in my Spirit; in the tokens of his love, and visits of his grace. I will come certainly at the end of time. Those only that see Christ with an eye of faith, shall see him for ever: the world sees him no more till his second coming; but his disciples have communion with him in his absence. Matthew Henry’s Concise Commentary


Deuteronomy 7:12 “Then it shall come to pass, because you listen to these judgments, and keep and do them, that the LORD your God will keep with you the covenant and the mercy which He swore to your fathers.


Deuteronomy 7:13 And He will love you and bless you and multiply you; He will also bless the fruit of your womb and the fruit of your land, your grain and your new wine and your oil, the increase of your cattle and the offspring of your flock, in the land of which He swore to your fathers to give you.


John 7:33 Then Jesus said to them, “I shall be with you a little while longer, and then I go to Him who sent Me.


1 John 2:5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment