Tuesday, July 14, 2020

In Christ all things are possible. I have learned to be content in need and in abundance. He always works things out for my spiritual good…I am so very thankful!. Nothing is outside of His hand.

Philippians 4:11-13
11 Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: 12 I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Paul testifies to the sufficiency of Christ’s strength. He is prepared to endure any circumstance in life because Christ empowers him to do so. Faithlife Bible.

Content literally means “self-sufficient.” In Stoic philosophy this Greek word described a person who dispassionately accepted whatever circumstances brought. For the Greeks, this contentment came from personal sufficiency. But for Paul true sufficiency is found in the strength of Christ. NKJ Bible.

John 15:5 | “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.

2 Corinthians 9:8 | And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work.

1 Timothy 6:6 | Now godliness with contentment is great gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment